The meeting took place at the Lydiard Park Academy Sports Hall on Sunday 11th March at 2pm. Just over 100 residents attended the meeting. The meeting was chaired by Shareen Campbell, owner of the Los Gatos restaurant and Chair of the Swindon City of Sanctuary Community Group. The other speakers at the front table were:
- Neil Hopkins, Labour’s Lydiard & Freshbrook Ward Candidate.
- David Barnard, Friends of Lydiard member & Chair of the Love Lydiard Trust.
- Gina Akers, Great Granddaughter of Francis Akers, who gifted the Lydiard estate to Swindon Council.
- Cllr Keith Williams, Conservative Cabinet Member for Lydiard.
- Cllr Jane Milner-Barry, Labour Shadow Lead for Lydiard.
At the meeting residents asked questions about why the Council had changed their position on transferring Lydiard to an outside bidder, why they had left Lydiard House to be left run down with a maintenance cost of around £5m, where the parking charges at Lydiard had been spent, and why the Council had so badly failed to attract new income to the park and house and had allowed the Lydiard Conference Centre to close.