Your Central ward Councillors have been busy working with local residents on a wide range of issues, we've summarised several in this article.
Your Central ward Councillors have been busy working with local residents on a wide range of issues, we've summarised several below…
- We are requesting that the planning application for new housing in Newburn Crescent ensures a like-for-like resident parking replacement.
- Our proposal for a solar farm on former Network Rail land behind Dean Street is still on track to be part of Swindon’s local energy provision.
- After a long campaign for County Ground improvements it is great to see we are getting new facilities as well as a new athletic track.
- The new Holy Cross School is due to open in September. We will be participating in a public meeting to address some parental concerns.
- Swindon has been identified as the 4th worst major town for bus service/cycle way provision in the country (Better Transport Campaign group). We are trying to get the Conservative administration to deliver on its “Master Plan” infrastructure improvements on Commercial Road.
- The council has now agreed to support Labour’s plan for reducing transport disruption through a joint road works scheme with the main service companies.
- The railway station forecourt design did not provide enough taxi spaces causing local difficulty that affects residents. In consultation on the new bus station we found taxi parking, disabled parking and traveller parking was missing from the plan. We have asked for improvements.