The initial round of public consultation on the quality bus corridor proposals between Wichelstowe and Swindon town centre held in late September-early October focused on three themes:
- Option 1 – signal controlled movements
- Option 2 – public realm/shared space (also referred to as less engineered space)
- Option 3 – bus gates and one-way systems. Feedback received from the first round of consultation suggested
Option 1 was the least preferred proposal and is not being progressed.
Over the last month, more detailed scheme proposals for Old Town have been prepared and the consultation drawings will be circulated soon. The arrangements for the second stage of public consultation, which will display the proposed schemes for Old Town are now confirmed as:
- 3pm – 7pm on Thursday 1 December 2016 at the StoweAway Community Centre, Staldon Road, East Wichel, Swindon, SN1 7AG
- 3pm – 6pm on Friday 2 December 2016 in the Coffee Shop of the Co-op, High Street/Newport Street, Old Town, Swindon, SN1 3EG
- 11am – 1.30pm and 3pm – 7pm on Monday 5 December 2016 in the Café-Bar area of Swindon Arts Centre, Devizes Road, Old Town, Swindon, SN1 4BJ
I hope you can attend. If you have any questions, please let me know.